BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Crazy Nights(At least for Us!)

This picture has nothing to do with my story, but my boys are so cute anytime I have a chance to show them off I take it. Last night we had a strange thing happen. Jared and I were doing his homework when the lights went out. They were out for about 5 seconds and flashed back on. So we were doing homework again, but I kept thinking it seems dimmer in here. Darrin came down and said Jenny look at this. He turned on the lights to our entry way and they were candle light dim. It was weird because the TV room and kitchen lights were just fine(We have the energy saving light bulbs so that's why they were so bright). Also, certain things weren't working like the microwave. You could use the timer, but not cook something. So we went outside and all the neighbors were coming out asking each other if their lights were dim too. It was kind of strange, then about 20 minutes into the "Brown Out" It turned into a black out. So we had no power for about 1 hour total. The boys loved it because they were supose to be in bed but they got to come out and run around with flashlights and friends. So we just chated with our friends till the lights came on. We still don't know what happend. We have never experienced a half power outage have any of you? Anyway, I guess it was something to brighten our day.

4 comments:

HKins said...

"Brown out" brilliant use of words. I love it. It is weird that only part of the power went out. Here's my theory: I think a ghost took over half the power lines and then when it found out how fabulous that was it took over all of them. For sure I'm right. :)
I love your new background. I'd still it if only it were purple. :)

Karie said...

never had a brown out that long and yes your boys are so adorable, anytime!

Kristy Anderson said...

love that picture of your boys! My kids always have fun when the power goes out too! Flashlights and candles! Luckily it doesn't happen often.

A Peek Into the Life of Kara said...

I'll be making a trip to St. George someitme at the end of February, or first two weeks in March. I'll be sure you get the chance to meet Ryan!