BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Birthday Fun For Everyone

We had lots of fun with Jared and Drew's birthday parties. For Jared's birthday we decorated big cookies, played a couple of games and Darrin made a great treasure hunt. Both of the boys wanted treasure hunts.

Jared and his friends playing a game outside. Notice all the girls. Both boys have more girls their age then boys.(They will love it when they are old enough to date.) They are so good to play with everyone.

Jared and his birthday cake. He wanted a campfire cake. It turned out really good.

Jared opening up presents from his friends. For his birthday he got a telescope and microscope, some chapter books, clothes for school, a baptism book, scouts stuff, and lots of toys from his friends.

Jared with his friends and his cake.

Jared opening up more gifts. He got some fun things from his friends.

Caleb loved the cake and ice cream. We were lucky. Caleb went down for his naps both parties just before the kids came. We woke up both times just before cake and ice cream. It was nice to have him asleep for all the games.

Drew with one of his favorite gifts. He really wanted a Link costume(person from a Nintendo game). I made him one and we bought him a sword and shield and go with it. He loved it. He also got some books, clothes for school, and lots of fun toys from his friends.

Drew with his cake. He wanted a Lego cake. He was so easy and cute.

At. Drew's party we made door hangers, played games and a treasure hunt. We had lots of loud 5 year old, but that was nothing compared to the loud 8 year old. I guess the older they are the louder they are.

Drew, cake and his friends
Drew unwrapping gifts from his friends. We had a lot of fun at both parties, but are glad they are done. I don't know about two parties in one week. It makes me tired.

3 comments:

Becky said...

Congratulations on two successful birthday parties in one week! Just wait until sleepovers! (Just kidding.)

Karon said...

Their parties looked like so much fun! Did you make their cakes? If so, I'm impressed. I think my children's birthday cake options will be: chocolate or vanilla?!

Karie said...

Jenni - you are so wonderful to create such original cakes for your boys. I remember on Karon's 7th birthday she wanted a cake that looked like a gift. I decorated it while she was at school and I thought it looked horrible! She came home and said - "Oh mom, it's just perfect. It's just what I wanted." Good thing I had kept my feelings to myself. By the time the kids got older they wanted ice cream cakes and pies and fruit pizzas and pastries - they kept trying to think of something different. So fun!