BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Singing In The Sun



I was a little surprised when Jared came to me and told me he wanted to be in the school choir. You see, I am in primary with him and he doesn't like to sing much. I told he if he did it he had to stick with it the whole year. NO quiting. He wanted to do it so we did. He goes to school twice a week at 7:30am for practice and loves it. They performed 5-6 times at Christmas and will have performed 4 times this spring. For one of their performances, many schools get together and do a concert. It is very fun. They have a theme. This year the '50s. They learn a few songs to sing as a big group(about 1000) and then they sang a song with just our school choir(102 kids). They got to perform this at the Tuachan stage. For those who don't know about Tuachan. It is a beautiful outdoor theater in the mountains of Southern Utah were they do a few plays each year.

Here is Jared(sitting on the risers on the bottom) waiting for his choir to come. It was a very good concert. His choir sang "Witch Doctor" from Alvin and the Chipmunks. Done so good.

This is all the schools together. About 1000 kids. Together they sang Johny Be Good and a couple others I can't remember(but I will after I post this.) I am glad there are people who care for our kids to teach them to love music. THANKS

3 comments:

HKins said...

Wow that's great that he tried something new & has done well. I love the pics but they make me homesick.

Karie said...

I am so proud of Jared for singing all year. Does he want to do it again next year? What a nice outdoor stage/place!!!

Julie Johnson said...

You are such a good mom to take him early! That concert looks so amazing with all those kids. I miss tuachan! Thats great that he got to try something new!