BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, September 29, 2008

1st Ever Day Camp

So I(Jenny) took my son to his very first day camp for scouts. It was fun. At first I was a little nervous. I have no scouting experience and none of the leaders for the bears or wolves could go. I was asked the night before if I could go, it was kind of a nightmare tracking down health forms for all the boys but we finally did it and were the only group at be completely ready for sign ins. Here is the group I got to take with me. From left to right: Kadin(Bear), Jared(wolf), Chance(Bear), Jonathan(Wolf) and Nicholas(Wolf). They were a great group of boys. So well behaved. Ultimate Frisbee, and flag football were some of the things we did.

Here they made bug catchers and recipe card holders.

Jared and Chance doing some compass work.

Jared's favorite. Archery. All the boys had fun shooting at the targets. I loved the glasses.

Jared on the course. We had a lot of fun and can't wait until next year.

3 comments:

Becky said...

Wow, I'm way impressed that you not only went, but were so organized. Looks like everyone had fun. I would love to know what Jared was thinking when you took the picture of him with the archery glasses and bow. :)

Karie said...

Day camp is one of the funnest cub scouting activities ever! I went for so many years! Ours were always a full week, all day long. It was always SOOOOO hot. One summer I would just go into the bathroom and soak my head in water and just keep squirting everybody with water all day! The boys loved all the activites! Archery was a winner!

Cami Sullivan said...

looks very fun!!