BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, August 25, 2008

So Proud !


You know how when you have your first child you practice all letters, numbers, colors, etc. a lot. We did. We had Jared on the computer doing learning games all the time. All his toys were learning toys, so when he went to kindergarten he was more than prepared.(Minus his counting to twenty a little funny) When Drew came along, I was a little more busy so I didn't spend the time on that stuff like I had with Jared. Don't get me wrong, I did work with Drew on that stuff but not as much. I always knew he was smart. He would do math problems, want to sound out words and know how to spell things. So today Darrin and I went to his school to have the beginning of the year Parent teacher conference. Last week they gave the kindergarten class a test of all the things they want them to know by the end of the year. The teachers want to know what need to be taught. So when we sat down with Drew and his teacher Mrs. Olson she was so excited. She couldn't believe how much Drew knew. The test was out of 140 points and Drew scored a 127. She even called him gifted. Needless to say we are so proud of Drew.

3 comments:

Nicole Howard said...

That is awesome!! I totally understand not having the time like we did for the first ones.

Katie said...

Yay! Go Drew!!

Cami Sullivan said...

Awesome! I bet that makes you so happy!